Ray, Rocco, and I are tentatively scheduled to have our first podcast tomorrow afternoon. I thought I’d jump on here and list out some of the things I would like to discuss with Ray and Rock, as well as lay out the overall theme of the show. I’ll start with the second part first.
The overall theme of the pod cast is “togetherness”. No i’m joking, there really isn’t a specific theme. More accurately, there is just a bunch of random reasons why I feel like doing a podcast, as well as some reasons why I think Ray, Rock, and some others might also want to drop by from week to week. So how about the reasons I want to do a podcast:
- Something to do – I have no life
- It’s a somewhat geeky thing I’ve never done before
- I downloaded some awesome audio software and want to play with it
- I want to chronicle all my embarrassing stories
- Maybe make some money, have fun, get noticed, who knows.
And now here are the reasons I think Rock and Ray might want to do this:
- Way to stay connected with me and each other if we don’t bowl together next year and if they get supper preoccupied with babies.
- Ray had mentioned once before that he would like to try his hand at radio
- Rocco would like to get more experience playing around with his companies audio equipment
- Both Dad’s might like to archive these podcasts as a way of down the road showing their kids what their dads were like before they came along and ruined their hopes and dreams
I should mention that Rock and Ray aren’t having kids together in some kind of messed up “My two dads” kind of 80’s sitcom disaster. I also want to mention that I think it would be interesting to hear the two dads discuss all the joys and struggles that come with having a kid in a frank honest way. No, oh having a kid is alway wonderful and never challenging or frustrating bull shit.
Ok so now we know the impedance for the podcast. Lets move on to the topics I want to talk about during the first broadcast.
- How is Rocks baby girl Olivia doing
- Has Ray and Laura decided on a name yet for their soon to be little bundle of baby boy joy
- Any Advice Rock has for Ray once the newborn arrives
- Bowling League talk – Why aren’t we dominating this year, and more importantly, lets chronicle all the nicknames we’ve made up for the other bowlers
- My new job, and both the terrible nights and then the awesomely Whitey moment from last night. (got ten duckets)
- How awesome is Archer, and Ray’s favorite quotes from this season
- Ranking the newly single hot hollywood bitches
- Predictions for the future, what will the world be like when Olivia and Ray the IV are in their thirty’s, and beyond.
Those are the things i really want to talk about, but i’m sure we will get side tracked and go off on tangents. I especially expect to occasionally talk in depth about politics and sports since both are quasi passions for the three of us. Well not really the political stuff, but we all have a passing knowledge of what’s going on.
Ideally I would like each podcast to last an hour, which for editing purposes means that the recording itself should be over and hour, maybe an hour and 15 min or and hour and a half long. That way i can cut out odd pauses, or boring stuff. To prevent there from being too much down time, I’ve been thinking of what I could keep on hand as far as go to weekly segments in case there isn’t anything new or interesting in anyones lives that is worth talking about. Here’s some of my ideas of things we could talk about each week or whenever we run out of things to talk about:
- Weekly embarrassing Johnson story – so far I have a list of about 40 stories in which i embarrass myself, that would be good filler.
- Weekly Movie reviews – I watch at least one new movie each week, the key will be for me to have on hand a list of recent movies I’ve seen so that i’m not just sitting there going…. uhhhhhh … ohhh, yeah i saw something that i really wanted to see for a while…. uhhhhh… i can’t remember what it was though…
- Weekly geek segment – where I basically geek out on something nerdy to the chagrin/delight of ray.
- Random Top 5 list… or top 10, just like the movies, I need to have a list on hand of all the top whatevers I would like to do on the fly. For instance, top TV shows of all time, Top cheesy action movies of all time, Top Comic Book Characters, Top Comic Strips, Most Overrated movies, Worst Movies of all time, Biggest Flops in pro sports, etc…
- Updates on my job search, updates on my new business(s), updates on my weightloss(?), updates on my spec scripts, updates on my novel(s).
- Oz Watch – where we talk about the latest episode(s) of Oz that we”ve watched, or whatever show we are watching at that point.
- Job history – I’ve had a shit ton of random jobs over my life so far, so I thought i’d share them, also neat to have rock and ray mention theirs
- Interesting stuff from my classes, or whatever nerdy thing i’m learning on my own.
Now that I’m just kind of free forming ideas here, it would be good for me to have rock and or ray ask me for a status update on all my random projects. That way each week i could announce the one thing or things I got done that week, such as a new website launched or whatever it might be. Even if it’s something like, this way i finally completed all the uploads to evaangelinasucksgiantcock.net, then at least it is something keeping me accountable to accomplish something on a given week.