Right now I’m taking a break from teaching to write about how tired I am. My class is doing busy work, and I’m left to my own devices which usually means hiting up RGP (www.recpoker.com) or working on some FNF related site maintance. The reason I’m tired is because I also spent 5 hours yesterday tweaking www.fridaynightfelt.com, seting up the FNF Forum, figuring out what is wrong with the FTP for www.thesmartbet.com and talking with six about his first day adventures at AC. He posted a review of his first day on the forum so make sure you check that out from the link on the FNF home page.
I’m also tired cause like a moron I played in a free roll on jet set poker. The same thing happens every time.
- Step 1: I see a free roll for stud and think, why not kill some time and maybe pick up a couple dollars if i win.
- Step 2: hover my mouse over the register button waiting for it to become active so I can register as quick as possible before 750 other people take my spot.
- Step 3: Within 10 min of registering and 20 min before the tournament starts I find something more interesting to do, like watch Will Ferrel clips from SNL on ww.gorillamask.net
- Step 4: Join the tournament only afte missing 3 rounds of blinds cause I had forgot about the tournament.
- Step 5: double my chips through a couple of donkeys who were drawing to straights or flushes eventhough their outs were folded pre flop.
- Step 6: Watch as 600 people are eliminated and the blinds start to represent more and more of my stack which is now 3x the original amount.
- Step 7: Short stacked because of folding terrible hands, and go all in on the river and have someone fold to my 350 raise into a 5000 pot.
- Step 8: Make a great read and get a short stack to commit all their chips with a single pair by slow playing them with my two pair.
- Step 9: loose the hand when short stack catches trips on the river.
- Step 10: Repeat steps 8 & 9
- Step 11: With the blinds representing 200% of my chip stack after two suckouts I’m all in with crap and bust out in 120 to 80 place range, having beat over 600 players and winning nothing.
- Step 12: realize that free rolls are a waste of time and swear to never do one again having just wasted 3 hours of my life.
- Step 13: a couple days later start at step 1 and repeat.
I actually played poker for real money on Full tilt last night at a low limit PL holdem table and went from $5.00 up to $11.00 by winning 9 out of 10 showdowns. I love full tilt cause the play is tighter but you can still make money by playing smart.